Where To Place Home Security Cameras In Gainesville?
Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Gainesville? Generally, you have three significant sectors of the home for video surveillance: your main entry, the exterior space around your home, and key interior rooms. While your security installer can suggest where you should install, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Don’t Forget To Defend Your Front Door
Although you might find it unlikely that a burglar would attempt to simply stroll through your home’s main entryway, 34% of intrusions happen at this passageway. You also have porch pirates among other risks to consider. Doorbell surveillance is able to handle all of these worries with crystal clear high-def, wide-angle capabilities.
Doorbell surveillance is even more beneficial as you are able to chat with people who walk up and ring the bell. With the help of your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer each instance with 2-way talk and live feeds and give the impression you’re on site. In the event a visitor does try to do something nefarious, you will have your video doorbell automatically record a clip and transmit it to your smartphone through a text.
Plan Ahead to Maximize Coverage With Your Exterior Cameras
Where to place home security cameras around your property can be a daunting task. Fortunately, there are a handful of tips to greatly increase the likelihood that your home is well protected.
- Corners of your Gainesville residence allow for a better viewing angle, as you can see two sections of your exterior.
- Just below an eave or straight into a piece of cladding or edging are perfect spots for surveillance devices as they will be partly concealed by your home.
- Above your garage, as the garage door is a more enticing access point for burglars than you’d think!
- Over a back porch or rear door -- or any entryway that can’t be seen from the street.
To make sure these locations are successful, you should always cut back any overgrown plants or trees that may block the camera’s view.
Tips To Get The Most From Your Interior Video Equipment
You have more options on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in Gainesville. However, the added versatility does mean there are other installation variables to think about:
- Windows and Sunlight: Even though you should ensure your windows are down and latched, the sunshine from a window may cause glare and affect your camera’s video feed. Aim your interior camera lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to eliminate this problem.
- Utilize Height: In the same fashion as a guard tower, a security camera installed in a higher spot will have a broader view. You might situate your cameras at the top of bookcases or mounted on the ceiling.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your video equipment will lose its ability to protect you if it’s damaged or destroyed. Set your devices in locations where kids and your furry friends can’t interact with them. You could try mounting or other ways to secure them to make sure they don’t fall if mistakenly jostled.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The top video camera will fail to be of much use if you have a houseplant obstructing the field of vision. On the other hand, interior decor and plant life also have the ability to conceal your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the perfect system for your complete residence -- safeguarding all areas. Just call (352) 325-7286 or fill out the form on this page to start your project.