Pros And Cons Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Gainesville
You know you have to safeguard your home. After all, it provides shelter for your family and is where you keep your belongings. But what is the ideal type of home secuirty? Whether or not to get 24/7 monitoring is one of the leading considerations you need to make. Examine the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Gainesville and get a better idea of what’s right for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you select 24-hour monitoring, your home security system links to an external monitoring organization that is set to offer assistance at a moment’s notice. Whenever a window sensor trips or a CO detector begins beeping, your monitoring agents receive an alert instantaneously. They quickly take action to verify the alarm and dispatch the applicable emergency professionals.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t include professional backup. You might think of this to be self-monitoring, meaning that if your system is tripped, you have to act to resolve it. This option is the cheaper solution, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Benefits And Downsides Of A Monitored Security System In Gainesville
Here’s a quick look at the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having 24-hour support at the ready is always smart. If you are not on site, asleep, or don’t have your phone, your residence and those inside will still be watched over.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll respond quicker to incidents than you can on your own.
- Insurance reductions: Monitored home security may qualify you for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Superior components and flawless integration: By getting equipment, monitoring, and installation from a reputable home security specialist, you will gain access to a cohesive system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across yourself.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Expense: You will pay a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Typically required to get your system installed professionally: Numerous people prefer to have work taken care of by experienced professionals, but some DIYers might want to handle it on their own.
- Have to sign a contract: You will typically have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This arrangement may be satisfactory for many as home security is a benefit you will want for the long haul.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Gainesville
Here’s a brief breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t incur a monitoring fee.
- Self-installation: DIYers could deem this to be a benefit as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an added expense. Others might want to go with a skilled technician.
- More Flexibility: You may integrate equipment whenever you want - and from any manufacturer. With that being said, you might find incorporating into a fully connected system more complex.
- Control: You won’t have an outside company monitoring your system. If something happens, it’s up to you to get support.
Downsides Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you’ve misplaced your cell phone and don’t receive a security alert? This circumstance will generate more stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Demands your complete attention: Since you are the single person in charge, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you want a helping hand during an install, you may have to employ someone else. The installation process is also likely to be slower.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Gainesville
Stay protected 24/7 with a monitored home security system in Gainesville from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored system is the best choice for your family. Contact (352) 325-7286 today to speak with our security experts.