How to Get the Most From A Home Security Cameras In Gainesville
Home security cameras can easily be installed as a warning—something that notifies criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to strengthen your home’s security.
Thankfully, modern security cameras are equipped with an array of tools all designed to provide total protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way audio and recording options or infrared night vision and fast action motion detectors, these features help you to get the most from home security cameras in Gainesville.
How To Set Up Your Gainesville Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is placing them in the proper spots around your home. Interior security cameras need to be placed in high traffic rooms like the kitchen or family room. It’s also a smart move to install a camera near main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to pass to get to the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras ideally afford a clear view of your patio, drive, and backyard, shed, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. You can always get a view of your front porch through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are areas within your house that aren’t quite as important to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Seclusion for you and your guests should be a major concern prior to installing a security device in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you need a form of device in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Security Cameras
Component placement is only the foundation for utilizing the most out of home security cameras in Gainesville. The innovations described below help to optimize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Get automatic messages on your smart device whenever unusual activity is detected. You can also configure cameras to start capturing footage when activity is discovered which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your security cameras to film and save clips to the cloud for easy playback at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: The majority of today’s security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually chat with guests via the unit. Through your mobile app, you can give the illusion that you’re home or talk to your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, allows for a more comprehensive view of what where you want to protect. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120° wide angle lens or that can pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your video surveillance come with either infrared or LED sensors that will capture video of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the freedom to protect single spots within your home.. For example, you can program your exterior camera to alert you of activity taking place on your yard or your driveway and ignore traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- Security app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera feeds, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send timely notifications when the detect unusual motion around your house.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Gainesville is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your home security can go from merely a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (352) 325-7286 or complete the form below to begin personalizing your home security and camera system today.