How Does Geofencing In Gainesville Enhance A Home Security System?
Today's smart security solutions are becoming more capable every year. But, unfortunately, it doesn't take much to fail to complete easy security chores like activating your a security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these chores in the future? When utilizing geofencing in Gainesville, you can simply leave the house and let your security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Gainesville For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter a set distance from your residence, which you can arrange in your cell phone app. The technology then tracks your mobile device to determine when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements use to communicate with other connected equipment. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by centralizing all components onto one, unified network. You can institute specific boundaries around your home and program what actions you want to take place when you cross the specified border.
For example, when you exit your driveway, you can instruct your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disable the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even alter your smart thermostat.
These are a handful of the components you will be able to control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices such as speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your home’s security system in Gainesville. When accessing the mobile app, you have the ability to do a lot with home automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart alarms and cameras to activate at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to dim to indicate that it's time for bed, or disarm your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular devices engage in response to a triggered event. Have your thermostat turn on the exhaust fan when a smoke detector goes off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting if your security camera notices unusual motion outside.
● Preprogram scenes: Make scenes featuring various devices that all act in unison. Make your lighting lower, the thermostat go down, and the locks bolt when the day is done. Or customize a scene for movie night with preset light and thermostat settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing functionality and your cell phone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Gainesville
Whether you seek added certainty of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (352) 325-7286 or complete the following form to start designing your optimal security system.